I was using OBS Studio to record some videos of CS:GO with ‘Game Capture’ option but the preview screen showed black only when I launched the game.
Then I figured that it was because of the wrong option in NVIDIA Control Panel.
So if you are a NVIDIA user and have the same problem like me, here is a fix for you. This works for me, hopefully it will work for you.
I also made a video below to demonstrate it better.
1. First, open NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Select ‘Manage 3D Settings’.
3. Cick on ‘Program Settings’ tab.
4. Find OBS in the program list. If you can’t find it there then click ‘Add’
5. Browse to the location of the application folder.
6. Choose OBS64 or OBS32 depending on your system.
7. Make sure you tick on ‘Show only programs…’
8. Choose the option ‘High performance NVIDIA processor’ when select the preferred graphics processor.
There you go.